Filled with towering skyscrapers, numerous parks, classy hotels and endless tourist attractions, Brisbane Central Business District (CBD) is the perfect destination for travelers who are looking for the ideal urban experience. Though not as big as other cities in Australia, Brisbane has, over the years, attracted its fair share of tourists. The friendly and welcoming atmosphere combined with the numerous modern amenities, have appealed many travelers. When it comes to accommodation, you can expect quality at its best. It does not matter whether you are there for business or leisure, whether you are alone or bringing your whole family along; there is something here for everyone.
Benefits of getting accommodation in Brisbane CBD
• The close proximity of tourist attractions is one of the biggest benefits that you will enjoy. Due to the compact nature of the city, many attractions are located within a 2km radius. The farthest ones are only 15km away. This makes it easy to visit and enjoy these attractions.
• Modern transport. Transport in Brisbane city is very efficient. The most common forms of transport are the buses which serve numerous routes. You can get around quite easily.
• Availability of modern amenities. Whether you need to go on a shopping spree or catch a romantic dinner, there are numerous shopping malls, hotels and other amenities. They are all located within the city, making access to them really easy.
• Variety of accommodation Brisbane CBD. There are many hotels that are ideal for different people. Whether you need something cheap but classy or business type accommodation or romantic accommodation amenities, they are all available. You have the freedom to choose from the many hotels depending on your budget, tastes and needs.
Hotels in the CBD
For those who want to be at the very heart of the city, these are the hotels to look out for. Located right in the Central Business district, they offer easy access to various attractions, public transport, shopping malls and other places. They include;
• Hilton. A five star hotel on Queen Street Mall.
• Brisbane Marriott Hotel which is between the CBD and the valley.
• Royal on the Park. Conveniently located on the botanic gardens.
• Stamford Plaza. With scenic river views, this is one of the best hotels in the city. You can find it beside the Botanic Gardens.
• Mecure Hotel. A four star hotel near the Casino.
• Holiday Inn. This 3 star hotel above Roma Street Transit Centre is ideal for those on smaller budgets.
Hotels located in inner city suburbs
If you do not want to get accommodation right in the centre if the city, you can go further outwards where you still have a wide variety to choose from.
• Emporium. A five star hotel located in Fortitude valley.
• Aynsley. Is one of the best four star hotels around. The Paddington shopping precinct is just a stone throw away.
• Central Brunswick Apartment Hotel. A 3 star hotel that is surrounded by numerous entertainment and shopping centres. It is located in Fortitude Valley.
Coming along with your family? Then Southbank is the place you want to look for accommodation Brisbane CBD in. This is because of the availability of many kids-friendly activities and attractions. Some of the best hotels in this region are;
• Mantra Southbank. Found next to Rydges. It is a pretty good hotel with a gym and a swimming pool.
• Rydges Southbank. This is the best hotels if you are looking for proximity to public transport and various attractions. Kodak beach, shopping malls and restaurants are all within easy reach.
You can also look for accommodation Brisbane CBD in the Northern Suburbs which is quite close to Brisbane airport thus making travelling a whole lot easier. The Southern Suburbs also have their fair share of accommodation amenities. If you do not feel like going to any of the mentioned places, the Eastern and Western Suburbs also offer great deals.
Low Budget Hotels
For students and backpackers, you do not have to break the bank to find decent accommodation Brisbane CBD; there are many low budget hotels in the area. Good examples include The Palace, Bunk, Brisbane Backpackers in West End, Nomads located in the Valley, Kookaburra Inn in Spring Hill and Tinbilly’s located at the heart of the city.
Things to do in Brisbane CBD
Now that you have found the perfect accommodation Brisbane CBD it’s time to start looking around and enjoy the sights and sounds of the city. If you are wondering where to start, look through the following list and you may have an idea.
• Southbank Parklands. Perfect for families. You can enjoy picnics, quite walks, exhilarating bike riding and many other activities. There are also many shopping and dining amenities.
• Go for amazing river cruises. There is nothing better than viewing the city from the river.
• Enjoy the Kangaroos, Koalas and other forms of Australian wildlife. The Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary is one of the best places to go and see Koalas.
• Enjoy panoramic city views from the Brisbane Lookout. The Mt Coo-tha lookout offers amazing day and night views where you can see for miles around.
• Set a full day aside to get a fill of Australian adventure. The Riverlife Adventure Centre offers visitors a chance to enjoy abseiling, kayaking or paddling down Brisbane River. Other activities include hiking, cycling and skating.
• For the shopping junkies, you have not been forgotten. The city is choke full of shopping malls, arcades, luxury shops and exotic boutiques. A good example is the Queen Street Mall.
• Feel like climbing an adventure bridge? The Story Bridge Adventure Climb offers you the chance to do so. It is open all the time and promises a unique and unforgettable experience.
• If you want to sample Brisbane’s best ale, head down to XXXX Brewery where a tour around the Ale House and a taste of the local brew will leave you feeling better than ever.
• Visit the valley at night to enjoy live music concerts and watch famous bands and entertainers perform.
Other attractions you shouldn’t miss out on include the Art Gallery, the Performing Arts Centre, the Queensland Museum and the State Library.