As a sister to famous cities such as Dubai, Gold Coast sure has a high reputation to live up to. The good news is Gold Coast goes beyond expectations. Whether you have come here for business, or for a romantic holiday or even for a family’s day out, you will not be disappointed. Like any traveler, most tourists will be concerned about where they will sleep at night. The dining may be over the top and the attractions may be amazing, but with wrong accommodation, the whole holiday will come tumbling down. It is therefore important to take your time as you look for the perfect Gold Coast Accommodation. This article will help you kick off your search for the perfect hotel in Gold Coast.
What is the perfect accommodation?
As you look for a hotel or motel, there are certain factors that you should consider. They will help you decide what kind of Gold Coast accommodation to choose. These factors have been outlined below.
Budget – Different hotels charge different prices depending on the hotel’s rating and amenities. There are five star hotels which can cost you up to $300 a night and on the other hand there are the backpacker inns which can cost as low as $20 a night. In between there are various choices to choose from depending on how tight your budget is.
Number and size of rooms – If you are alone, a simple single room hotel can do. For big families, bigger apartment-size hotel rooms may be more appropriate. Even better are holiday cottages and hotels which are cheaper than hotels and are usually fully furnished.
Tastes – Do you want a Jacuzzi in the bathroom? Are you looking for a room with an ocean view? All these should be considered when choosing your Gold Coast accommodation.
Requirements – Business travelers may need a big conference room where they can hold meetings in. Others may require internet connection. A couple may want a hotel with a honeymoon suite. You should look for a hotel that will meet your requirements, while carefully considering your budget.
Types of Gold Coast accommodation
There are five basic forms of Gold Coast accommodation that you can choose from. Each type is ideal for a certain group of people and prices also differ.
1. Backpacker Hostels – These are perfect for those who are on a very low budget. They are favourites for students and backpackers. Rooms here can cost as little as $20. You can find them in Surfers Paradise.
2. Motels – These are conveniently located along the Gold Coast highway thus offering easy access to travelers. The rooms are priced fairly at $70-$90 for double rooms and $60-$80 for single ones. In summer, when demand is high, prices usually go up and availability becomes a challenge.
3. Camps and caravans – If you are looking for a little bit of an outdoor adventure, then this is your ideal type of accommodation. Though most camping and caravan sites have been closed and replaced with other developments, there are still plenty left. Gold Coast Tourist Parks operate 7 parks which are Tallebudgera Beach, Ocean Beach, Main Beach, Jacobs Well, Kirra Beach, Burleigh Heads and Broadwater. There are also other sites in Miami, Labrador and Mudgeeraba. In some of these places, you can even enjoy some barbecue and a quick dip in their pool.
4. Apartments – This is a cheaper form of accommodation as compared to hotels especially for big families that are planning to stay for some time. For a two bedroom apartment you can expect anything from $150 per night though during peak summer season prices can spike as high as $300. The apartments are well furnished with kitchens, pools, gyms, washers, dryers and other amenities.
5. Hotels – Found mostly in Broadbeach and Surfers Paradise, hotels are the most common forms of Gold Coast accommodation. Some of the highly reputed ones are Crowne Plaza and the Marriott Hotel.
As you can see from the above, there is something for everyone. The most important thing is to make sure that you are financially, among others, comfortable with the choice you make.
Things to do
Gold Coast accommodation comes along with numerous fun activities you can engage in. There are activities ideal for individuals and families. Read through the following list of 10 things to do and see which one suits you.
1. Climb to the highest man made point in Gold Coast. Q1 is a residential building which has an observation deck. The deck offers stunning views of the city. For a clear view, come during the day when the weather is clear. During turbulent weather you can also watch the lightening hit the tall spire. You can enjoy all these at a low cost. The tickets are sold online though they can also be bought at the front desk.
2. For a more adventure-filled experience, try surfing, jet-skiing, deep sea fishing, bungy jumping, Zorbing, Scuba diving and other numerous hair raising experiences. Just make sure that you have followed all the safety rules and you are well trained in the activity you are about to try.
3. Check out a local rugby, basketball or football match. There are also various ironman contests.
4. Give your kids the time of their life at the theme park. Here they can enjoy Sea World, Movie World, Dreamworld, Wet ‘n’ Wild and White Water World. Even adults will not fail to find ways to keep themselves entertained.
5. Visit the Hinterland to experience some countryside cuisine, culture and entertainment. Try the homemade fudge and cheese, sample local wines and take a hike in the rain forest on Tamborine Mountain.
6. To catch a good dinner with some beer, surf clubs along the beach are perfect. Here you can learn a lot about the history and culture of Gold Coast.
7. Get a once-in-a-lifetime spa treatment. Choose a top class spar centre and you will get an experience you will never forget.
8. Sample different seafood recipes at various restaurants.
9. Stretch your legs a bit by walking up and around Burleigh hill where you can enjoy nature and get amazing city views.
10. Hot air ballooning is the ultimate lifetime experience. At $175 per person you could be flying high above the earth.